Not only does the PSR Series feature Hi-Rel Mosfet technology but what makes it more impressive is how the technology is utilised to supercede outdated devices, especially voltage sensing versions of the same (VSRs). In short, the PSR is a user adjustable voltage sensing relay in terms of voltage and time delay parameters. It allows the user to choose the voltage they want for switching loads on and off rather than be restricted to settings dictated by manufacturers. The time delay allows the relay to activate only after a user specified time to prevent cyclic (threshold) switching. In addition the PSR is electrically isolated (contact to load), non-polarised and bi-directional, features previously unheard of in any other solid state relay devices. Additionally the PSR has the major benefit of being able to change from normally open or normally closed all, literally, at the touch of a button!
The PSR can be used for a myriad of applications, including but not limited to:
- Combining of battery banks for charging and/or load sharing.
- Paralleling battery banks as emergency supplies.
- Switching loads at desired voltages both on and off.
- Protecting equipment from under-voltage supply.
- Isolating batteries at desired voltages both on and off.
- Safe and reliable remote switching of heavy loads.