Intervolt’s MAXI Series have long been the industry benchmark for high performance, premium quality voltage converters for the marine and transport industries. First released in 2001 and now used extensively throughout Australia and other countries, the interVOLT SVC series has now undergone a considerable transition and the next generation SVC is about to hit the market. The GEN II Series is not just a cosmetic ‘makeover’ but rather a complete new product from the ground up. The all new design features complete digital control with a specification second-to-none. Here are just a few of the new features and benefits exclusive to the new range:
- Unique operator interface for control and monitoring (see detail below)
- Separate controlled output for 12V battery charging (13.7V 2 stage)
- High resolution voltage output of less than 0.5% under any load
- Peak efficiency of 94% (no less than 90% under any load)
- Remote operator control to turn unit on/off with signal current only
- Separate 100mA 13.8V output for use when remote is off
- Multifunction alarm output for fault and pre-emptive warnings
- Temperature and speed controlled internal cooling fan (hydro bearing)
- Compact design and can be mounted vertically or horizontally
- Heavy duty termination with separate, removable terminal cover
- 3 Years warranty (subject to specific terms and conditions)
- High quality assembly featuring marine grade hardware
- Conformally coated printed circuit board assembly (tropicalization)
The operator interface panel is a unique and innovative introduction to the new generation SVC Maxi series. This component allows specific control functions to aid the installer/operator in addition to monitoring the status of the unit.
The specific functions of the operator interface are as follows:
1. Selectable voltage output. The 24-12VDC version permits touch control selection of the voltage output from 12.0V to 14.0V in 0.5V increments.
2. A separate 2 stage battery charging function can be selected for automatic charging of an auxiliary 12V battery.
3. Output load indicator displays the percentage load (including overload) in a bar graph format for easy viewing.
4. Pre-emptive alarms for various fault conditions such as over load, over temperature, low input voltage and low output voltage (battery charging mode only).
5. Shutdown with alarm output for certain fault conditions such as overload, over temperature, low input voltage, fan failure and short circuit of output.
6. Reset of factory defaults.