Voltage Converters Non-isolated MaxiEnquire Now
To describe the new second generation SVC Voltage Converters Non-isolated Maxi as an innovation would be an understatement.
With digital over analogue control the GEN II SVC offers previously unheard of performance and a myriad of features to assist the installer and user.
Just for starters there is the new and unique operator interface which allows the user to control and monitor items such as voltage output and actual current load. The unit features pre-emptive alarms to warn of impending shutdown which can also be monitored remotely. Multi-stage fan cooling enables the unit to run in the hottest of environments and it can now be mounted in any position as it no longer relies on convective cooling. It can also be remotely isolated at the flick of a switch and a separate, independent output provides a constant low power supply for items such as security systems.
|Model||Isolated||Input Voltage||Output Voltage||Continuous Rating|
|SVC241225G2||No||20 – 33VDC*||12.0 – 14.0V||25 Amps @ 40°C|
|SVC241235G2||No||20 – 33VDC*||12.0 – 14.0V||35 Amps @ 40°C|
* will dip to 17V – in power supply mode only
Intervolt’s MAXI Series have long been the industry benchmark for high performance, premium quality voltage converters for the marine and transport industries. First released in 2001 and now used extensively throughout Australia and other countries, the interVOLT SVC series has now undergone a considerable transition and the next generation SVC is about to hit the market. The GEN II Series is not just a cosmetic ‘makeover’ but rather a complete new product from the ground up. The all new design features complete digital control with a specification second-to-none. Here are just a few of the new features and benefits exclusive to the new range:
- • Unique operator interface for control and monitoring (see detail below)
- • Separate controlled output for 12V battery charging (13.7V 2 stage)
- • High resolution voltage output of less than 0.5% under any load
- • Peak efficiency of 94% (no less than 90% under any load)
- • Remote operator control to turn unit on/off with signal current only
- • Separate 100mA 13.8V output for use when remote is off
- • Multifunction alarm output for fault and pre-emptive warnings
- • Temperature and speed controlled internal cooling fan (hydro bearing)
- • Compact design and can be mounted vertically or horizontally
- • Heavy duty termination with separate, removable terminal cover
- • 3 Years warranty (subject to specific terms and conditions)
- • High quality assembly featuring marine grade hardware
- • Conformally coated printed circuit board assembly (tropicalization)
The operator interface panel is a unique and innovative introduction to the new generation SVC Maxi series. This component allows specific control functions to aid the installer/operator in addition to monitoring the status of the unit.
The specific functions of the operator interface are as follows:
1. Selectable voltage output. The 24-12VDC version permits touch control selection of the voltage output from 12.0V to 14.0V in 0.5V increments.
2. A separate 2 stage battery charging function can be selected for automatic charging of an auxiliary 12V battery.
3. Output load indicator displays the percentage load (including overload) in a bar graph format for easy viewing.
4. Pre-emptive alarms for various fault conditions such as over load, over temperature, low input voltage and low output voltage (battery charging mode only).
5. Shutdown with alarm output for certain fault conditions such as overload, over temperature, low input voltage, fan failure and short circuit of output.
6. Reset of factory defaults.
Output Voltage (Converter Mode) – The voltage output is user selectable in 0.5V increments from 12.0V to 14.0V. The factory default is 13.0V which can be changed at any time.
Output Voltage (Charger Mode) – Two stage battery charging mode with boost voltage of 14.4V and float of 13.6V.
Constant Rating – All units are continuously rated at the published current at 40°C ambient temperature i.e. the 25Amp version is 25 Amps continuous.
Intermittent Rating – All units have up to a 25% rating over the continuous rating at a maximum of 50% duty cycle for 10 minutes.
Momentary Rating – All units peak at greater than 25% of continuous rating for a period of 10 seconds.
Input Voltage – Minimum start-up voltage is 20VDC but will allow input dip down to 17V during operation. Maximum input voltage is 33VDC.
Power Efficiency – Conversion efficiency varies depending upon load but minimum expected is 90% with a peak of 94%. Average is nominally 93%.
Standby Power – With no load connected (idle mode) average current draw is less than 25mA. With remote isolation enabled the average standby current is less than 10mA.
Output Ripple – Less than 20mV peak to peak.
Load Regulation – Less than 1% variation up to full load rating.
Line Regulation – Less than 1% variation subject to voltage input min/max specification.
Environmental Considerations – Operating temperature range is -25°C to + 50°C and ideally humidity should not exceed 90%.
Conformity – Conforms to Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) standards as follows: IEC 61204-3 for low voltage power supplies, DC output, components EN61000-4-2 to EN61000-4-6 and AS/NZS CISPR 11 Group 1, Class B.
Construction – Manufactured using corrosion resistant materials throughout, including anodised 6063 aluminium, ABS/ PC plastics and stainless steel hardware. No ferrous materials are used and all PCB assemblies feature conformal coating (tropicalisation).
Safety Devices – Shutdown protection with automatic reset for input under voltage, output overload, output short circuit, over temperature and loss of negative reference using purpose built circuitry. All shutdown conditions are output to external source for remote monitoring. – Internal fuse protection (not user serviceable) for reverse polarity connection and output over voltage condition.
Alarm Devices – Pre-emptive warning for impending shutdown due to output overload, input under voltage and over temperature. All alarm conditions are output to external source for remote monitoring. – Failure warning of internal cooling fan due to obstruction, fault, damage, etc. Condition is output to external source for remote monitoring.
User Interface – the user or operator interface is used to control and monitor the various functions of the SVC. – Illuminated icons are used to display fault conditions for internal fan and temperature and various input/output conditions. – Status bar has dual use, to display operator selected voltage output in set-up mode and to indicate the percentage of load on the output in operation. On power up it will indicate the existing voltage setting for a period of 10 seconds.
Auxiliary Connections – for optional control and monitoring functions. – External Alarm Output – an external signal for remote monitoring of both the pre-emptive and shutdown alarms. – Minor Power Output – a permanent low current output used in conjunction with remote isolation i.e. to power a clock, etc. – Remote Switching Input – used to isolate the 24VDC from the 12VDC with a simple, low current, control switch i.e. toggle switch.
Termination – For input/output terminals the SVC uses high current proprietary terminals with combination M5 fasteners. The control/ monitoring terminal is a customised 3 gang Euro block. All in marine grade materials.
Warranty – 24 month end user warranty.
|Rating||25 Amps||35 Amps|
|Weight||750 grams||900 grams|