Electronic Battery IsolatorEnquire Now
The EBI Pro is an electronic battery isolator aimed at replacing out-dated “electro-mechanical” type devices. Boasting features never before seen in dual battery isolators, the EBI Pro is designed to provide 4WD and RV users with real advantage and years of service.
In many vehicles, particularly 4WD or RV applications, there is a requirement to automatically charge a second (or auxiliary) battery from the starting (or main) battery. This is a well proven concept and is usually only limited by the constraints of the device used in the installation. These constraints have now been overcome by the introduction of the EBI Pro.
The EBI Pro is a revolution in dual battery control devices. Unlike conventional electro-mechanical isolators the EBI Pro is solid state. Solid state means no moving parts. There are no contacts to vibrate, chatter, arc, wear and ultimately – fail. The MOSFET based topology of the EBI Pro is proven. Reliability, durability and longevity are built in.
The solid state aspect is just the beginning. Designed on the back of the ground-breaking PSR, the EBI Pro is also adjustable in terms of voltage and time delay. This provides the installer or operator with the means to customise the EBI Pro for the application rather than suffer the ‘one size fits all’ philosophy from manufacturers of traditional devices.
|Model||Nom. Voltage||Input Voltage||Continuous Rating||Peak Rating|
|EBI12100A||12VDC||8 -17VDC||100 Amps @ 60°C||500 Amps – 5 Secs|
- Product Photos
- • Clear LED status display and indicators for ease of operation;
- • 100 Amps continuously rated with a generous 500 Amps peak;
- • Dual sensing allows main battery to be charged from auxiliary;
- • Output indicator function for convenient in-vehicle monitoring;
- • Input for in-vehicle remote emergency combine switch (starting);
- • Overload and short circuit protection with automatic shutdown;
- • Over temperature protected with automatic thermal shutdown;
- • Low input voltage sensing with automatic shutdown protection;
- • Electronics are encapsulated in dust and water proof housing;
- • Compact design can be mounted in any position that suits;
- • Heavy duty construction designed for under-bonnet installations;
- • 24 months warranty (subject to policy terms and conditions).
- • The COMBINE (on state) voltage limits are user adjustable in 0.1 Volt increments from 9.2 Volts to 16.0 Volts
- • The ISOLATE (off state) voltage limits are user adjustable in 0.1 Volt increments from 9.0 Volts to 15.8 Volts
Time Delay – both the COMBINE and ISOLATE time delay limits are user adjustable in 1 second increments from 1 to 250 seconds Alert Voltage – the ALERT! voltage limits are user adjustable in 0.1 Volt increments from 9.0 Volts to 15.9 Volts Constant Rating – 100 Amps DC continuous @ 60°C ambient temperature Surge Rating – 500 Amps DC at <50°C for a period of 5 seconds @ 10% duty cycle Contact Resistance –across switch terminals <2.0 milliohm @ 25°C Indicator Output Signal – 30mA maximum (current limited) Device Current Draw –
- • In ‘Isolate’ mode (open contacts) <30mA
- • In ‘Combine’ mode (closed contacts) <40mA
- • Add ≈ 10mA when LED Status Display is active
- • Add up to 30mA for external LED indicator if connected
Environmental considerations – Operating temperature range is -25°C to + 60°C. Humidity should not exceed 90% Environmental Protection – Electronics sealed for dust and water protection to IP67 rating (internal components only) Safety and Protection Devices –
- • Thermal overload shutdown – automatic reset
- • Electrical overload protection – automatic reset
- • Under voltage disconnect – automatic reconnect
- • High voltage disconnect – automatic reconnect
- • Main negative input for sensing 0V – marked NEG
- • Alert trigger indicator output 12V – marked IND
- • Remote emergency combine switch input 12V – marked REM
- • Switch Terminals – M8 threaded stud, tin plated copper, 304 stainless steel hardware
- • Control Terminals – M3 threaded contacts, tin plated brass, 304 stainless steel hardware
Construction – Manufactured using corrosion resistant materials throughout. Electronics are epoxy encapsulated for protection against vibration, dust, water and for thermal dissipation purposes –
- • Housing – black E-Coat die cast aluminium
- • Lid and Base – Injection moulded Polycarbonate
- • Mounting bracket – Bright zinc plated steel
Conformity – Conforms to Australian and New Zealand Electro-Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) standards under AS/NZS CISPR 11:2004 Dimensions –
- • Footprint – 62mmW x 92mmL overall
- • Profile – 94mmH overall (including terminal boots)
Weight – 495 grams.